- Specify quantity and dimensions of sheets, pieces or panels.
- Indicate gauge and kind of material. If in doubt, specify thickness in decimals.
- Size, shape, arrangement and center of holes. If slotted holes are selected, specify whether they are to run lengthwise or crosswise of the sheets.
- Specify widths of all margins.
- If mounting holes are to be used, give size of holes and locations on margin.
- Special shipping instructions, if any. Unless otherwise informed, we normally ship by motor freight. If material is to be shipped by rail, please give specific shipping instructions.
- When custom panels, screens or other non-standard items are required, send exact specifications.
- For clarification, submit sketch or print.
Download our order form.
SWD- “Short way of diamond, or design” dimension; first number is style designation.
LWD- “Long way of diamond, or design” dimension; not used in style designation.
SWO- “Short way of opening” dimension; used to indicate clear opening in the short direction.
Strand Thickness- Equal to the thickness of the sheet of metal used. The gauge number or decimal thickness is usually the second number in the style designation.
Strand Width- Amount of metal fed under the dies to produce one strand.
Bond Sheared: Where two strands intersect. Eliminates prongs or jagged edges.
Tolerance: Minus 0 plus 1/2 the design size, either SWD or LWD.
Special bond tolerances on meshes of 1/4” and under.
Random Sheared: This type of shearing leaves prongs or jagged edges. Tolerance: ±1/16”. On grating ±1/8”.
Standard Sheet Sizes: 48” SWD x 96” LWD.
- Specify the size sheet required, listing SWD first.Example: 4’-0 SWD x 8’-0 LWD
- Specify the number of sheets or pieces required.
- Specify the nominal width of the diamond SWD
Example: 3/16”, 1/4”, 1/2”, 3/4”, 1”, 1 1/2”, 2”
- Specify the style of the sheet
Example: #18, #20, #16, #13, #9
- Specify R (Raised), F (Flattened)
- Specify the type of metal required
Example: Carbon steel, Stainless steel, Aluminum, etc.
Example of Typical Order:
4′-0 X 8′-0 CARBON STEEL